2010년 3월 27일 토요일

blog post #3 -My Thesis Topic

I would like to write " New benchmark Book Leveling System for Korean Students".
I will research for various standard book leveling guidelines in U.S and read those books to Korean students and select for right book for right ages with considering both cognitively and cuturally.
1. Preschooler: read to stage
2. Kindrgarten; divide into two groups ( English kindergarten : read with
Korean kindergarten : read to )
3. Elementary: divide into two groups( 1~3 grade : read to & read with
4~6 grade: read with & read alone)
Most target group is 4~6 grade Read with group because their cognitive development has already developed but English level is low. they are not interested in low level English book at all. I would like to READ ALOUD strategies and keep tracking their reaction to books that I choose for them. And I want to make book list that those Korean students are intereated with.

댓글 2개:

  1. I agree with your idea. If i don't understand what I'm reading, most of time i try to read alod and it usually helps me to focus on the reading.

    답글삭제
  2. Hello! I am an English teacher in Canada. I have many students from Korea and I am looking for any resources that will encourage them to read. May I ask, did you ever publish your thesis? Is it publicly available and may I read it?

    I can be reached at: amandapullishy@gmail.com

    답글삭제